Over the years we’ve learned, often the hard way, that there are 5 essential things a wedding videographer should have with them on the day of a wedding.
- Sunscreen – Even if the wedding is indoors, we usually go outside at some point for pictures. Sunscreen is very important to keeping us videographers from looking like lobsters. We learned this the hard way after a six hour wedding that took place in July from 9AM-3PM. All outside. No sunscreen. Ouch!
- Ear Plugs – Let’s face it, most DJs like to play music really loud. And when you’re on the dance floor, standing right in front of the subwoofer, it’s nice to have ear protection to keep us from going deaf at an early age.
- Kleenex – Because everyone should have kleenex at weddings. It’s great when we have them handy to pass along to a sniffly family member.
- Snack bag – Because, well, you know. We’re usually packing Chex Mix or Pringles.
- A Quarter – It’s always good to have a quarter in your pocket. especially for those emergency tripod plate switches! (Definitely not for a payphone, anymore, right?) A good videographer, in our opinion, is never without a quarter.
Your mileage may vary, but these are five things we’ve learned never to be without. What are your essentials? Let us know in the comments below!